We welcome students with undergraduate backgrounds in Communication Sciences and Disorders as well as students with diverse educational backgrounds. Our incoming Doctor of Audiology classes are typically equally weighted between students with CSD majors and those with non-CSD majors. We value the perspective that each group of students brings to the classroom and clinic.
Applicants to the Northwestern Doctor of Audiology program must provide evidence of completion of at least one course in each of the following areas. Please note, these courses do not need to be completed prior to application to the program but must be completed prior to beginning the program. These courses may be taken at any accredited university in a face-to-face or online format. High school Advanced Placement courses and CLEP credits do not satisfy the prerequisite requirement.
All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of B- or better.
- Biological Sciences (examples include Biology, Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology, Human Genetics; a lab is not required)
- Physical Sciences (examples include Chemistry, Physics, Acoustics; a lab is not required)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (examples include Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Education)
- Typical Language Acquisition/Development
- Mathematics beyond college algebra (examples include Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Finite Math)
- Statistics (must be an actual statistics course and not a research methods course)